Ashton Moss Holdings’s global foreign exchange desk provides a combination of competitive execution with a reliable and experienced sales team that is focused on servicing global asset managers and understanding their unique trading and operational needs.
Client-focused approach to trading:
- Our trading philosophy focuses on long term relationships and delivering quick, competitive pricing to our clients.
- We offer our clients a single point of contact via sales traders in New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong, which combined with a centralized trading desk, allows us to provide 24-hour seamless coverage.
- We are delivery and distribution agnostic permitting clients to connect with us in a variety of ways, including directly calling a sales trader or through third party platforms such as Bloomberg, FlexTrade, FXall, or FXConnect.
Backed by Industry Leading Expertise
- We are an industry leading market maker to our clients in major and emerging markets with expertise in the asset manager segment, as demonstrated by ranking #1 in the US Greenwich Quality Index Foreign Exchange Survey for 18 straight years.
- Our clients have access to a top tier currency strategy research team that provides commentary on currency, economic and geopolitical developments, as well as a dedicated FX emerging markets team who understands the complex requirements of emerging markets and how they may apply to global asset managers. Please read our commentary.
Disclaimer: Using extensive input from dealers, publicly available sources, and their own research, Greenwich Associates identifies the largest and most active institutional foreign exchange customers around the world, including fund managers, customer banks, hedge funds, insurance companies, and corporations.
For the 2017 study, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 2,355 users of foreign exchange globally, of which 1,458 are top-tier accounts, at large corporations and financial institutions. In the United States, Greenwich Associates interviewed 383 FX users, of which 292 were Top-Tier. To be considered top tier, a firm must be either a central bank, a government agency, a hedge fund, a fund manager, a FT100 global firm, a firm with reported trading volume of more than $10 billion, or a firm with reported sales of more than $5 billion. Interviews were conducted in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Japan between September and November 2014. The findings reported to clients reflect solely the views reported to Greenwich Associates by the research participants. They do not represent opinions or endorsements by Greenwich Associates or its staff. Interviewees may be asked about their use of and demand for financial products and services and about investment practices in relevant financial markets. Greenwich Associates compiles the data received, conducts statistical analysis and reviews for presentation purposes in order to produce the final results.
Each of these clients is targeted for an interview either in-person or on the telephone by one of Greenwich Associates professional Executive Interviewers.
During the interview, clients respond to a series of detailed qualitative and quantitative questions about the dealers they use for various FX products, and these dealers’ relative strengths and weaknesses in sales, market making, research, and back office. Clients also provide detailed information about their trading activities, their current and expected product use, dealer selection criteria, and other market-related issues.
Based on the results of the interviews, Greenwich Associates creates a series of comparative metrics related to market penetration and market share; service quality in sales, research, and trading; and effectiveness of e-trading.